Sunday, 27 September 2009
HEY GIRLS!
Just thought I;ll let you guys know, I will be home on the 15th of Nov at ard 11ish =)
missing sunny S'pore loads!
oh...i just had my mooting module last thursday. IT WAS GREAT! =P
contrary to popular belief, mooting is
nothing like debating. I actually have to address the judge as "your honor" and do the whole stand up and bow thing. But more importantly, there is NO RIGHT OF REBUTTAL. You DO NOT compete with the opposition, rather, it more of a legal discussion with the judge. He would happily cut in with question(S) after your introduction and you have to reply them. Which more often than not...messes up your well crafted speech. Also, the judge is always
YOUR HONOUR and
never say "I think" it is always "
I SUBMIT".
I got asked if I was suggesting that the repeat offending teen is better off in prison (the notorious institution of criminals) then being left in the company of her bad influence friends. I was counsel representing the Crown (i.e. I was arguing that the judge was right in sending that teen into imprisonment!)
So I intelligently went: "Yes, there is a need to balance the needs of a teen and the goals of deterence and denunciation. You (*mental face palm*) would need to take into account that one of the main reasons why Justice Miller in XXXX ...
I THINK I submit...."
yea...i committed TABOO and did not end properly. BUT I PASSED AND GOT PRAISED BY THE JUDGE!! WOOOTTTTSSSSS
so anyhow....I did not get butchered that badly by my judge unlike group mates who were "slaughtered left right and center. I was the last speaker. And right after I sat down and the judge declared it was over...I dropped my head on the table with a resounding bang. Judge laughed.
ah well....I think I would sign up for more mooting! =)
♥Bid Farewell